Re: [NetEpic ML] Chaos: The overhaul

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 06:51:28 -0000

>1. Do people wish to keep the list as a "chaos undivided" list where
>everyone can freely mingle with everyone else or a break down by
>category? One thought was to divide the list into three parts: chaos
>space marine armies, renegades and cultists and demonic armies. The
>first is the true chapters from the Heresy, they may only ally with
>demonic hordes since all else is unworthy of them. The second can use
>the PDF list with some demonic allies and whatever renengade units there
>should be. The last is usually more of an ally for the first two but can
>be fielded as a stand alone army of demons. One could combine all three
>in special scenarios or large battles by mutual agreement.

I would VERY mcuh like to see this.....I always hated how traitor marines
had to follow greater daemons around. They have their own minds after all

>2. Animosity rules. Each chaos power hates another almost as much as the
>enemy. The rule would be simple: any unit that has animosity for another
>comes in 25cm of it must make a morale check at -2 or immediately go on
>charge orders and engage it. The animosity groups would be: Khorne hates
>Slaneesh and Nurgle hates Tzeentch. Non aligned units do not suffer
>animosity.

I dont like this one. Rather, just keep minions of one god from being
attached to other gods greater daemons / leaders

>3. Chaos cards. There is a current rule that limits chaos card usage to
>non-mechanical units. The rational was they are too slow to adapt to
>chaos changes during a battle. The counter argument is that the chaos
>cards represent boons that have occured before the battle, the card only
>serves to highlight that fact at a given time. Which do people prefer?
>Note they never affect demonic engines.

Highlight???
If the boon were given before the battle, why aren't the unit affected
throughout the game???

(I know that with powers like invisible this would get pretty nasty ;) )

>4.Price increase. All greater demons are not created equal. Magnus
>should be worth more, actually all primarchs should be worth 50 points
>more than standard greater demons.

Agree here.