RE: [NetEpic ML] Pinning..

From: Karlsen Rune <rune.karlsen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:44:39 +0100

Mine as well :)

Hi
My opinion below...

-----Original Message-----
From: Karlsen Rune [ mailto:rune.karlsen_at_...
<mailto:rune.karlsen_at_...> ]
Sent: 19. desember 2000 09:15
To: 'netepic_at_egroups.com'
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Pinning..

Hi all!

Nils and I recently played a game in which a stuation which caused some
arguing arose. He pinned some
of my Necron Assaults (which had yet to move) with 2 infantry stands and a
rhino. Now, i realise they
would be pinned according to the rules, but they do have warp capability.
Why can't they simply escape
by warping? This seems very logical to me, just push a button and off you
go.

---->I guess it involves more than just pushing a button, you also have to
calculate a point of arrival, much like the Hyperdrive-programing skill the
pilots in Star Wars RPG has to make. A little difficult to do when you are
assaulted by some ravaging orks....

Well, as far as i can tell, this is part of the orders phase (in theory,
that's when you're told where to go). Besides, the

orks wouldn't simply appear, they would come towards you. A human might be
rattled by this, but a machine

would not (ie. Necron assaults)

 Also, the movement of
all units are considered to be simultaneous, so it's not like they're
standing idly by, waiting to be pinned.

---->Actually, they are. As they are calculating the next warpjump they are
standing by, idle for enemy assaults....

Well, what if i decided to use the jumppacks instead? What would they then
have used their spare time for?;)

Or maybe they were planning to walk? Were they arguing about which way to go
perhaps? Maybe they're

just taking 5?

If they had to walk towards the enemy, i concede that they would be pinned,
but a unit with warp capability
shouldn't be able to be pinned imho. To my mind, this simply isnt logical.
If anybody could explain the logic
behind this rule, id be grateful :)

---->In addition to the logic above, it would be hopless inballanced if they
never where to be pinned, and thats the best logic of it all! :)

Nod, and this is the only logic i can see which justifies it. The only
problem with balance issues, is the
answer you always get "That's just the way things are". I really hate that
answer. It just means that
realism and logic have been put aside for gameplay...

Rune