Re: Pinning..

From: <merik1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:02:00 -0000

The way you say it, it does sound a bit silly but look at it from the
Orc's point of view. The Necrons are waiting for orders to move
from their position and have yet to recieve anything from their
commander. The Orc's leader tells his troops "get 'em". The Orc
comes screaming up the hill and jumps on the Necron, thus initiating
close combat. So rather than the necrons standing arround waiting
for close combat, they are satnding around waiting for orders to
leave thier position. That is what the current rule effect is. The
necrons cannot do anything until that impact with the Orcs is resolved
and when you are fighting for your life, you don't have time to
calculate warp patterns.

  What you seem to be thinking is something along the lines of: Orc's
come running up and jump on the necrons...and stand around for five
minutes until someone blows a whistle letting them know that they can
now hit the enemy.

  Perhaps what you are looking for is a Snap Fire version of movement.
 I'd be interested in what you come up with but I don't think it is
possible to do in a balanced manner. I personally play the Tyranids
and this would totally negate them as well as any CC only troops.
Anytime they tried to assault, the enemy would just move away 2cm and
shoot them.