[NetEpic ML] Re: Warprats Flyers to rat

From: quester <quester666_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:47:16 -0800 (PST)

I like the 45* turning rule it makes it feel more real a movement system you just need to have a rule for going off and back on the table

and a looping turn is type of turn that lets a plane turn in any direction by going up or down (high to low or low to high) at the same time for a add-on to the 45* turn rule

  Dave <warprat_at_...> wrote:

Hi Questor and Peter!

Thanks for the input, I hadn't cosidered that. I'll change it to
Peter's suggestion of Before and After. That is also the original
rule by Games Workshop, perhaps they had good reason for it.

The original rules had no limit on turning for flyers

Questor, what do you mean by a looping turn, any more ideas? Anyone?

Any opinion on the rules in general? Sucks, OK, pretty good, stinks?

Thanks!

Warprat

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, Peter Ramos <primarch_at_b...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Ooops! Then that would be a real problem then since going off the
table
> would be a consideration. I think Warprat needs to field this one.
>
> Peter
>
> quester wrote:
>

> > But rats rules gives a flyer only 2 45* turns with a 10cm space
> > between them, and you have to move at least half speed, its real
easy
> > to move off the table when your trying to bomb something 3cm from
the edge

> > peter ramos <ramospeter_at_h...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Hmm.. The new draft and flier rules state that you may make
as
> > many turns
> > before and after movement. The interveneing movement is in a
> > straight line.
> > Thus you could really never move off table.
> > Nope its easy you want to bomb a unit 5cm from the north edge
and
> > your 25 cm south of them and you have to fly Min. of 50cm
this
> > puts you 20cm off the table
> >
> > and if you cant the table edge gives ground units an undue
advange

> > Ron aka Q...
> > Peter
> >

> > >From: quester <quester666_at_y...>
> > >To: netepic_at_egroups.com
> > >Subject: Re: [NetEpic ML] Warprats Flyers
> > >Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:23:50 -0800 (PST)
> > >

> > > I ve had only 1 Question at this time what hapons to a
> > thruster that can
> > >t turn enough and moves off the table ??
> > >
> > >ground units never seem to get bombed when close to the
table end.

> > >and also how about elavation change turns make a turn in
any
> > direction when
> > >going up or down by making a looping turn. costing a set
movement

> > >EX. going West at high loop down to low going east cast
20cm of
> > movement
> > >
> > >Q...

> > RuneSmith Studio "we bring the art to war"

> > Yahoo! Shopping <http://shopping.yahoo.com/> - Thousands of
Stores.
> > Millions of Products.
> > eGroups Sponsor