Re: [NetEpic ML] Another question

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 09:00:27 -0500

Hi!

As the rules stand only one check is made after breaking ocurrs. Only
stuff like chaos spells and engaging them in close combat provokes
further tests.

I agree with the original poster that this is annoying. I have seen many
games decided because broken troops are still in the fray without
penalty. Not that this can happen, but as it stands it ALWAYS happens.

I like the idea of further tests as casualties mount, but to avoid
incessant die rolls lets try the following:

A broken unit tests for moral once in the end phase of each turn it
suffers additional casualties beyond the turn it actually breaks. A
penalty is taken to the morale roll equal to the AMOUNT OF MODELS LOST
THAT TURN.

Hence a unit of space marine tacticals with a break point of 5, once
reached, would test every turn thereafter it loses more units. Lets say
in a turn it lost 2 more units after breaking, the morale penalty would
be -2, thus needing a 4+ to stay in the field. It still makes marines
tougher, but even they can crack under the strain.

Even units with a "1" morale can crack if sufficient casualties are
inflicted.

Opinions?

Peter