question for jeremy gurney...

From: chubbybob <bob_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 13:21:24 +0100

Hi Jez
   heheheh as my dad said many years ago never volunteer.. however since you
have admitted knowledge may I please search your brain for knowledge. I am a
computer illiterate.. I do lots of picture work for games because not
having opponents I game via PBEM.. Mainly I draw my own stuff to avoid
resizing problems.. However every now and then i find some fairly gorgeous
graphics that i would love to include in games .. problem with this is that
the PBEM programs use small images with a maximum of 256 colours. The net
result of scanning multi colour images is not bad. I use coral draw 8.. The
problem starts when you first resize. I use Lview pro.. This results in a
wishy image as the program drops bits and ruins the careful colour blending
of the printed work.. The next problem comes with importing the multi
colour scan into a 256 colour environment.. the end result is an amorphous
blob infinitely inferior to my own amatuer graphics..
               So questions..
1) Can you recommend any methods of avoiding these pitfalls
2) you said that word was particularly bad at resizing.. can you suggest
anything that would do the job better..

     If you cannot help don't worry I realise that most people like to leave
their jobs behind when they go homw so please igfnore any offense may
presumption on your time may have given.. however if you could see your way
round to helping I would be very grateful...
This may not be of interest to other groupies so if you want to reply off
line mail me on bobd_at_...

          Bob DeAngelis