Re: [NetEpic ML] Help

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:25:20 -0500

> -->Call to Power 2 is awesome. Not truly Civ, but a damn good game.
> The new diplomacy engine is interesting, as you can now actually
> negotiate with the computer.

Been trying to get that one. The first part was disappointing, although
there were several major things that I liked over CIV 2, what did they
change?

-->Bunch of things. First is the diplomacy. Not only will the AI make
more offers, but it is now possible for you, as well as the AI to make a
counter offer. Some changes have been made to the units, and how they
work. In general, units are "up powered" over CTP1, but are more in line
with what they should be in relation to each other. Some of the units
have been renamed (Phalanx is now a Hoplite), and there are some new
units (Kraken). Trade works a bit different in CTP2 too. It is no
longer 1 caravan=1 trade route. Trade is now based on "caravan points"
(a caravan=1caravan point, and later you get "motorized transport"= 3
caravan points), and depending on the size of the originating city, the
destination city, the length of the route, and the type of good
determines the number of caravan points needed. Most of the Wonders no
longer get obsoleted, and the few that do, last much longer. Being on
the cutting edge of technological advancement is also more worth while.
example: If you are the first to discover "concrete," you get a 5% bonus
to production for 15 turns; another is if you are the first to build so
many TV improvements, you get +5 gold per TV improvement for 15 turns
(being the first to develop the TV network). There are four possible end
games now. The usual Alexander victory, victory by wonder, and just
using up all the time (high score wins). But there is now a "world
peace" end game. If you manage to make an alliance with every other
active civ, you win. I've only played a few games so far, so I'm not
100% conversant with all the nuances just yet. Gimme a week or so...8P

Josh R

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell