Re: [NetEpic ML] vehicles

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:00:28 +0100

Hi!
Space marines can ONLY field titans as supeheavies.

But in these days, when miniatures are hard to come by, you can come to an
understanding with your oponents. I remember when I first started to build
my squat army I did not have any superheavies for them at all. An army
without any superheavies is not worth playing, (At least not when you play
squats) so my oponents let me field one company of IG Shadowswords in stead.
When I finally got the real superheavies, I retiered my Shadowswords.

At the end of the day it is your oponent who decides wether or not you can
use a particular unit. So, if I where your oponent I would let you use some
IG superheavies, but only if you didnt have any titans to use.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of superheavies do you want to use?

The only titan available now is the warlord titan. This is quite expencive
pointwise, so I seldom use it. (Our games are usually 2000 - 3000 points) I
have found much more use for the two cheaper warhounds in these battles.
Unfortunately, this is no longer available but I think the Raptor or Owens
Light Mech of the Inner Sphere could be good proxies. You can check them out
here:

http://store.fasa.com/BattleTech/index.asp?Level1=1294

But be quick, because FASA is going out.

Eivind