Re: [NetEpic ML] players lists

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:44:08 +0100

Hi!
This is a great idea! Its great to be able to know a little more about each
other than just what you think of this and that rule!

I would like to include some more fields though.

Year of birth (Allthogh we are just a bunch of kids playing with
toy-soldiers, it would be nice to know the age of people here...)

Line of work/occupation. (Maybe Im just overly curious, but the old
sociology-student in me would really like to know :-) In Norway it seems
like most of the people playing RPGs and suchs games have a college-level
education or higher. Could be interesting to know if this was the case
worldwide....)

A picture would be real cool! I always wanted to know the faces of you
all.... (Maybe I will regret this LOL :-)

A small freetext field would also be nice. There people can write other kind
of stuff, like when they started playing epic, other games played, other
interests or any kind of info they want to chare.

I hope this wont be too much work for you to make such a base, and most of
all that it wont violate anyones private sphere.

On the implemantation of this, I think it is important that we dont ask new
member of the list to give this information straight away, but wait a week
or two and then ask them if they want to give this info. To force this upon
newbies would just scare them away.

Any thoughts on this?

Eivind