Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 06:59:44 -0000

>Remember, demons for all their power can only walk. It takes a long time
>to reach where they are going. The amazing powers of greater demons are
>usally a paultry 15cm range (magnus being the only exception), how easy
>is it to get your demon in position to do the most harm? Depends on your
>opponents, but thats what the game is all about. Demon engines are
>great, but hacve you ever been in a situation where the with longer
>ranged weapons vaporizes them with tempest or shadowswords before they
>fire a single shot? Power is relative. The reasons for special rules
>become clearer, without them they are dead ducks, you need but play a
>game with chaos with out cards or speical rules.

Yeah okay I begin to see the point.

BUt armies like orks and 'nids are also extremely short on longe range
firepower (in case of tyranids firepower at all) allthough I agree they have
more transports.

And the chaos army is not all slow, juggers, disc riders, bikes etc. are all
fast and with decent CC ability.

But I am aware that you will mroe experience with these guys than I have
(having only ever fought against them)

>What artillery do they have to compete? chaos cannons? not a very good
>piece, powerful in extreme and likely to blow up. IG have chaos beat
>when it comes to artillery, even their average artillery is far better
>than anything chaos can muster. Super heavies no contest either, demons
>engines are no match for baneblades, shadwoswords, etc. Close combat
>troops? chaos has very good ones, no doubt. But have you seen what
>striking scorpions can do to beastmen, minotaurs and trolls? 3d6 +6
>against infantry is awesome, even world eater with poer on tread lightly
>against these guys. Beleive me they need that edge, without it they are
>meat!

Uhhh, I didnt mean they could compete directly, but that they have other
thigns to make up for it, for example, (IIRC) they can take titans as
support cards.
Very powerfull compared to a guard army, they have many tough infantry types
etc.

Also, the eldars have the distinct disadvantage of low numbers and break
points. They can be dealt with (also, the scorpions ar ehorribly overpowered
compared to this 40K equivalents)

BUt you ar epropably right after all ;)