Re: [NetEpic ML] New order counters

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 12:00:09 -0000

>Forced march. The effect is simple, the unit moves three times its base
>move with the following drawbacks:
>
>1. units may not end a forced march within 25cm of an enemy unit
>(whether it sees it or not)
>2. units may not claim objectives on forced march and may not be within
>25cm of an objective
>3. units if engaged have a caf of zero to defend
>4. enemy fire gets a +1 to hit bonus (they are not evading)
>5. units may not fire
>6. if any casualties are inflicted on a unit with forced march orders
>roll a morale check immediately and apply result.
>7. flyers may not force march

SOunds reasonable, but should be limited to infantry.
I am afraid that vehicles would get much too fast with this order.

After all, you dont just zoom a tank 75 cm. around the enemy flank and
behind his lines.

Otherwise, it is fine

>Preparatory bombardment. It has always bothered me that in netepic, you
>really can soften up a target just before you assault it. This order
>permits you to fire artillery in the movement phase with the following
>restrictions:
>
>1. calling artillery fire where and when you want it is tricky, roll a
>d6 on a roll of 4+ the artillery battery may fire in the movement phase
>(direct or indirect), that counts as its turns action. If it fails, do
>to wasted time the artillery assumes advance orders (alternately I
>thought in making them lose a turn).
>2. prep fire cannot be used as snap fire in any way
>3. prep fire cannot be used if enemy unts are within 25cm of artillery
>battery (excludes flyers)

THis could be ubalancing as it is primarily an IG rule, but it sounds cool.

What about an evasion order?
Units move normally, fire at -1 to hit (or not at all) and are -1 to hit
themselves??