Is this REALLY true?

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:42:41 +0200

When !Yahoo* took over the eGroups there was a proclamation about all old
links and and such working. for a while they did, but now it seems I HAVE to
convert my account to !Yahoo* if I wish to access the groups I have signed
in. The !Yahoo* wants much more information about me than eGroups; a fact I
really don't like. In addition, since I don't have multiple mail addresses I
have to open a !Yahoo* mail account (the alternate email field, which by
coincidence is mandatory). <sigh>

The bottom line: is there a way around this?

* If somebody wonders about my way of writing Yahoo!, think about the word
as a C/C++ programmer would.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.