RE: [NetEpic ML] Return of the Slann first test: (long)

From: Karlsen Rune <rune.karlsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:44:32 +0100

> > Even though i havnt tested them, the Exodus Ghost
> > warriors also now have a range of 50cms. They
> > are also supposed to be HW support, and need 75cms
> > range. There are probably also some other units
> > which need 75 cms range (HW units which previously
> > had 75cms), like the Dracon Raiders. This would have
> > to be checked also.
>
> !!! well as I said before the Exodus need no changes done to
> them, for all I
> really did was to copy other units. Example the Ghost
> Warriors are really
> Long Fangs.

Ok...

> > The new warp jump rules also need a tiny modification,
> > which i know Nils agrees with. There should be no
> > deviation on a roll of 3-4, but rather a "neutral zone". :)
> > Losing the special warp jump bonuses AND displacing
> > is just too harsh for this we think.
>
> !!! come on when one messes with the warp there should be
> draw backs. Just
> the way it is.

Yes, but there shouldnt be severe drawbacks on a decent roll.

>> > The old prices on the rest of the units tested, besides
> > those mentioned here, seems OK so far. We calculated
> > the Necron Stalkers with the cost formula, and came
> > to 550. This is also too high, and Nils and I thought
> > that 450 would be a more accurate price. Yes, they do
> > have warp jump, and the necron abilities, but they
> > simply aren't worth the points.
>
> !!! I have found the the cost formula is worthless, and is
> all but useless
> when tring to factor in that they repair. Come on you had bad
> dice. These
> things have a save of 1+, plus if hit they have a 4+ roll to
> repair, You get
> 3 of them.

Yes, but as a wise group member once said, it's the only
basis for calculation we have..

> > One thing we wondered about, is the one time +1 initiative
> > bonus the great mage gives. Is this to be decided to
> > use before the roll is made, or can it be used after
> > the roll? I know the squats have a unit which gives
> > a one time +1 ins mod. , and Eivind has in the past
> > decided to use this after the ins roll is made. Is this
> > correct, and if so, is the great mage ins mod to be
> > used in the same way?
>
> !!!You say you are using it before you roll, same goes for
> the Squats. You
> say I want to use my +1 to I roll then roll the die.

Ok

> > Another thing which came up : Nils used Hellbores
> > and Moles. When these do deviate, do they get to
> > move the 15cms? When he deviated (3 times i think),
> > he rolled low on the d6, and could easily move them
> > back to the intended target position. After the game,
> > Nils thought he had probably interpreted these rules
> > wrongly. What is correct?
>
> !!! yup the troops get to move freely, very deadly thing for
> the Slann to
> have to deal with. The way it works is like this you say you
> want it to
> surface, then roll for deveation, then place the bore model
> on the board,
> then the troops from inside may move freely. What one has to
> do is kill his
> HQ's for those troops. For if you kill them then they have no
> Command and
> may not be given orders.

It's not the troops im talking about, its the Hellbore/mole
itself. Nils moved them up to 15cms after they deviated.
The Hellbore is also a command unit, so how does this work?