Re: [NetEpic ML] Return of the Slann first test: (long)

From: Hellreich <helreich_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:43:22 -0800

> Yes, i was also worried about these attacks. I cant really
> see any defense against them. I could surround my mechs
> with infantry, but then there's be less forces other
> places, and he'd simply choose not to use them against
> the mechs. How do i prepare for such attacks?!?
well I've found these few to work:
1 try to win I to make them move first.
2 have the Mechs on first fire the first round if the thing pops up snap
fire and take it out with the troops onboard.
3 have high numbered shooting unit near by on first fire to snap fire on the
troops as they come out, Gravguards, skinks
4 move away by regular move, blast the tunnelars with the big guns and flame
the troops.
5 and last but by no means least, afew well placed mine fields can make for
a very nice bunker. Try to place them so that he would have to run over
them, they hit on a 4 so this should bring their numbers down quite well.
You can always warp out of it so, no harm to you. Evil mind at work hehehe,
where else can you get a squad that can shot at each man it touches with a
4+ and a -2 save mod, and never be killed for only 150pts.