Re: [NetEpic ML] Titan CC

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 08:40:20 -0500

Hi!

Karlsen Rune wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Can someone please summarise the rules for how infantry etc.
> attack Titans? It'd be great with a clarification :)

The newest adopted rule playes as follows:

Infantry engged with a titan make a "save" on a roll of 5+. If the roll
is failed they die and are removed. They play no further part in close
combat. Vehicles do the same except tehy use their own armor save
instead of the 5+. Survivors fight the titan normally as per standard
close combat rules.

In mixed battles (titans and non-titans engaged in close combat), treat
each combat separately. This means treat all the non-titan units engaged
versus the titan as one combat and resolve titan versus titan close
combat as another. No bonus d6 are transfered in mixed combat's. That
means the combat of non-titans units gives no bonus to the titan close
combat and viceversa. They are virtuaally independent combats.

> Also, is it possible for chaos to take over robots/necrons with
> their power? Dont remember what its called, but it allows
> it to take over "any unit" within 25cms. When you can put
> the buggers in rhino's and charge 50cms with them in
> the first round, 25cms is alot, and affecting any unit then
> is just downright cheesy. It would mean f.ex, that
> the Necron Titan (which has no shields) could be
> taken over without a save. Now, thats just plain
> old Jarlsberg im smelling! :)

The take over unit power applies to all units regardless of what they
are because it controls the "mind" be it organic or CPU, it does not
matter. Now having said that, all chaos powers concerning morale checks
or terror do NOT affect necrons or robotic units, since they do not
"fear" in the "organic" sense. The power does allow you to take ove one
unit, a helpful boon but hardly a game breaker. Besides the Necron titan
has a psy save of 3+.

As slann, I have played against chaos. Chaos needs to fight a different
style battle since many of te standard tactics dont work. Remember the
magi can nullify psychic powers so it relatively simple to eliminate
powers such as this.

> Also, the chaos rot power says it affects all units.
> Were these cards made before Praetorians/Titans came
> into the picture? Once again, you charge your legion
> 50cms, and everything within 15cms of it has to
> save or die when the power is used. Everything!
> Now, in a large battle, say 10k, this will be devastating.
> Im sure the rot is really the reek of really old, moldy cheese ;)
> Id like some clarifications on the chaos powers, and
> what they can and cant do please :)

First, the rot power affects anything because its "magical" rot, so even
vehicles and titans. Second titan with shields of psy-saves get thier
saves. Third, the unit gets its armor save which in case of
titans/preatorians is always a 1+, thus rendering them immune to this
power. (assuming their location template has a 1+ armor save somewhere,
but most titans except the smaller ones have that, even then it affects
only a single location, that of the best save). I use mortarion
regularly, belive me, its an infantry killer, but is very poor against
any unit with a decent save.

Peter