RE: [NetEpic ML] Titan CC

From: Karlsen Rune <rune.karlsen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 12:32:25 +0100

> > Also, the chaos rot power says it affects all units.
> > Were these cards made before Praetorians/Titans came
> > into the picture? Once again, you charge your legion
> > 50cms, and everything within 15cms of it has to
> > save or die when the power is used. Everything!
> > Now, in a large battle, say 10k, this will be devastating.
> > Im sure the rot is really the reek of really old, moldy cheese ;)
> > Id like some clarifications on the chaos powers, and
> > what they can and cant do please :)
>
> First, the rot power affects anything because its "magical"
> rot, so even
> vehicles and titans. Second titan with shields of psy-saves get thier
> saves. Third, the unit gets its armor save which in case of
> titans/preatorians is always a 1+, thus rendering them immune to this
> power. (assuming their location template has a 1+ armor save
> somewhere,
> but most titans except the smaller ones have that, even then
> it affects
> only a single location, that of the best save). I use mortarion
> regularly, belive me, its an infantry killer, but is very
> poor against
> any unit with a decent save.
>
> Peter

Well now, what you're saying here is very different from what
it says in the rules. It does nowhere say that the titan gets
its best save. I really hate playing against chaos. The
rules are very poorly worded, and the result is that i wont
play another game against chaos until all the powers are 100%
clarified in the rules as to what they can and cannot do.
Is this a non-physical psychic power? If so, then why does
the titan get an armor save? I thought the psy save
was instead of the regular armor save? Please clarify the
rules on this :)

Rune