Re: Flyers

From: <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:03:55 -0000

Hi!

> I have just read through the rules on flyers and discovered some
differences from version 4.0 to 4.1

> In 4.0 it says that floaters on low altitude can hold objectives,
4.1 says nothing on this. Has this been deliberatly changed or is it
a typo?

Deliberate. It was found it was too easy for a player with floaters
to "park" floaters around and objective and hold them for a
disproportionate amount of time.The ploy was, capture it on low
altitude and then fly high over it, descending as needed to re-take
it or deny it to the enemy. Too cheesy. So like fliers they cannot
take objectives.

> I also noticed that Space Marines in 4.1 no longer can field
Thunderbolts. This must clearly be a mistake as it would be madness
to let the T-hawks go into combat without an escort! They are after
all carrying a whole detachment of marines!

Hmmm.. your looking in the wrong place I think, page 55 has it listed
for a support card for SM, and under Imperial Navy page 22, it list
them, note units common to both SM and IG are listed but once, under
forces used by both.

Peter