Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Campaign System

From: Alberto Lagi <alagi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:45:09 +0100

> Yes I agree Luca, in attritional war, production is king. While I
> could understand why it hasn't dominated chaos (the eye of terror is
> sort of infinitely larger than its territory states, plus the chaos
> gods have absolute power over physical laws there), or the tyranids
> (most are still crossing the intergalactic void), theres no excuse why
> they haven't wiped out orks and the eldar who can't even approach
> imperial production.

I imagine that the Imperium cannot pin the Eldar where they don't want
to fight. They are so few and being able to move in the warp with the
webway it's difficult to find them in the same place for a long
time.Don't forget that according the original fluff, also the Eldar and
not only the Dark Eldars, used to do mostly raiding or lighting attacks.
So the numerical advantage of the Imperium won't count very much again
their superior weapons, speed and organization. Ok I admit it! I used to
play with Eldar in the last 40K edition! :o)

The potential for industrial production in the Imperium is very high,
but it is not the only thing. The Imperium is very vast but is
production center are very locallized. So is also necessary to have a
good distributing system.

Is not of use to produce stocks of artillery rounds if after you send
them to a Rought Rider regiment.

And the fluff points out that the Imperium has not really a good
administrative system (in Civilization you would call it dictature).
Maybe in comparison the ex-URSS administative system would look like an
enlightened one.

> I had some campaign rules too based on mighty empires somewhat, but
> where heavily into resource management, I'll have to find those too.

I too have some campaign rules which have different type of approach.
Most are without resource collecting systems because they are on a lower
scale - say a campaign not a war scale.May I post them? I must warn you
that I must scan them so I will require some time do it.

Alberto