Professional Layout for NetEpic

From: Daniel Wolf <MasterDanielWolf_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:00:36 +0100

Hello Group!

Recently i had a talk with Peter about making a real professional layout for
NetEpic (in a way like the books from GW). I've done such layouts before
(flyers or small booklets) and have all the programms i need at home.
My question is, if there is any interest in the group and if anyone has some
thoughts about that.

Here are my notes:

- i'll do the layout in format "A4 - 29,7cm x 21cm
- a logo "NetEpic", maybe similar to the old "Epic" logo of GW (maybe one of
the mailing list members can make a cool computergraphic or paint a logo...)
--> Anyone can make a logo?
- the whole file will be put online in .pdf format

-----------------------------
- a big Battle Pic for the cover (maybe similar to the very old Space Marine
rulebook: lots of marines and in the background 2 warlord titans)
- battle pics of different armies to "spice-up" the layout inside
- a pic showing 3 tanks for the formation rule (it would be best if they are
photographed on a white background; or showing the tanks on the
battlefield?? we have to see what looks better..)
- pic of a single tank to show the fire arc and one to show the effect of
side & rear shots
- a pic showing a whole battlefield (for the set-up zones and so on...)
- pics of HQ units, transport vehicles, barrage units, skimmers and flyers
(for this we can use the pics of the army cards)
- maybe a pic of close caombat pairs (also on the battlefield)
- pic of a titan or praetorian on the battlefield which is partially in
cover (like the one on p.30 of the titan legions rulebook)
(don't worry about the pics most of them can be provided by Peter)

OK, so far from me. Any comments?

Greetings
Daniel Wolf