Re: [NetEpic ML] Implications of "epic" proportions

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 07:30:05 -0000

>As I thought this over does Fanatic taking over epic mean we will
>never see a TRUELY supported epic game by the GW mainstream? Does it
>pretty much mean all we will ever get is a "trickle" of support from
>Fanatic? Will they ever have the guts to produce all new rules for the
>game? Or is it doomed forever to be a "sideshow" game with little real
>support? Will they ever really release a steady stream of new epic
>miniatures? Of course we all know they talk-the-talk, but do they
>walk-the-walk?
>
>Since there are members here from all around the globe, what is your
>take on this?

I think Epic will be a sideshow until (in usual GW fashion) they rerelease
it in a few years.

However, this fanatic thing is kinda new and may change their usual policies
by keeping older games there instead of supporting them fullscale.

Alternatively they might try to blow new life in an existing concept as they
did when they made the exceptionally poor rip-off Gorkamorka.