Re: [NetEpic ML] Implications of "epic" proportions

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 07:34:01 -0000

>As a former retailer I understand that GW must stick to those games that
>produce more money and leave out the rest, or let Fanatic do them. What
>bugs me is that prior to the last change in the rules GW made between
>8-10% of their sales in Epic (US figure from 1995-96) and wanted a
>robust 15% with the introduction of the new game. Of course not only did
>they not get that precious 15%, but lost that 8-10%. In the end epic
>gamers were made to suffer their incompetence. I sometimes wonder what
>would have happened if an updated (net epic-ish version if you will)
>ofthe previous game system was released would have they fared better.
>But we will never know.

I may be wrong on this since i actually never played the 2nd edition of
epic...i jumped on with e40k and THEN got into NetEpic...

However, from reading the stuff in white dwarf when E40k was released, they
was basing it closely on 40K to draw as many 40K players into the game as
possible, and to make a brand new game.

The massive changes were just too much for the old crowd of people (i know
this for fact cos if it wasnt there wouldnt be a netepic) and thus they
failed in both of their goals