Re: Implications of "epic" proportions

From: <magnus_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 09:06:14 -0000

> Since there are members here from all around the globe, what is
> your take on this?

Never say never. Up until Fanatic, the "normal" mode of operation for
GW was continuos support of the two flagships (40k and Fantasy) and a
third game "switched in", supported for approximately 6 months, then
dropped (only to be re-released in a new format a few years later).

Fanatic has somewhat changed the routine, but I'm not sure they won't
ever go back to it.

In any case... do we *NEED* a new "official" version? God knows I've
enough minis that I couldn't ever paint them, much less use them, if
I stopped working today and painted minis all days of my life until
age 100. As far as rules go... we're actually _BETTER_ at refining
rules than them, 'cause we' re not constrained by company
requirements. Availability of old metal pieces and infantry sprues is
all that I need currently, thank you very much. New pieces? And just
HOW MANY of them do we really need? With all the bazillion optional
units we've, the armies are already pretty much identical to each
other: we've covered every need of every race, and invented new races
too.

Now, if only they put out some decent strategic-level game, a
la "conquest of the galaxy".... now THAT could be interesting,
especially if they integrate it with Epic scale battles.

Luca Lettieri