RE: [NetEpic ML] Implications of "epic" proportions

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 10:58:33 -0000

>Necessary? yes. For the better? beg to differ on that one. They fell intoto
>the same trap they did with E40K: over generalization.

It is true that they overgeneralized a lot.

Especially since they did not keep the style as the eldar codex is loaded
with special stuff and exceptions ....many of which do not make sense (i.e.
why cant swooping hawks ALWAYS deep strike but assault marines can only in
scenarios allowing such deployment, why can ork speedfreaks buy aerial
strafing runs when noone else can? etc.)

But the prime reasons were to allow larger battles more fluently (and thus
making people buy more mini's)

>Really? That's the first time GW has done it. Are you sure that not even a
>single army was drastically altered to require you spend some more
>$$/��/whatever?

There might be...i am not TAHT much into warhammer (just have a friend who
plays it a lot) but most of the army organisations were changed around, so
that people need to buy certain units to field their usual armies.

I was talking rules wise though.