RE: [NetEpic ML] Digest Number 441

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:01:46 +0300

Yep, although the only complete rules thingy I have done is new vehicle
rules for Warzone 2. That's the only part of the game which sucks, but it
can be remedied easily enough.

I actually have a theory of "gamer evolution" :P The life of a gamer
consists of three different phases:
1. Player. Buy a game and play it for some time. Repeat until you find
yourself in phase 2.
2. Collector. You have more games than you can ever hope to play within a
realistic time frame, yet you keep buying more because you LIKE to see what
different rules systems are like.
3. Designer. You have ingested so many game systems you know most of the
common game mechanics in existence and quite a few of the uncommon ones.
When you hear about a new game your first thought is: "I wonder if it uses
mechanic X or Y or perhaps Z?". You start to get your own ideas on how thigs
should be done and your drawes start to fill of pages of house rules.

> While its a net epic list I would like to see these rules
> made by other
> people, more so the design philosophy they adopted to make
> such rules. I
> have found people like the same "perks" in thier rules but take
> different paths to make them work in their rules.
>
> It would be nice to here from any members who have made an attempt at
> rules and how they went about it.
>
> Peter

[snip]

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.