Re: [NetEpic ML] Game comparisons

From: <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 18:20:12 -0000

Hi!

If anyone were interested I made a complete conversion of all epic
units to DSII some years ago that is available in the vault (I hope).
I also incorporated some good ideas/concepts from net based players.
It makes for an interesting game. The Eldar are extremely high tech,
but super expensive while on the other side of the spectrum we have
the orks with the lowest tech, but very cheap, everyone else is in
between. Of course I needed to stretch DSII rules to its limits to
accomodate certain game concepts (like demons), but it is all in DSII
terms.

If anyone has used them it be nice to know how it went.

Peter

--- In netepic_at_y..., Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon_at_f...> wrote:
> > Sounds interesting. What are the quality of GZG's mini's???
>
> They are okay ... getting better as time goes on. Supposedly the
> casting in the UK is better than the casting done in the States (at
> Geohex).
>
> Dirtside II tries to be a generic system, as such, the rules
encourage
> you to use whatever miniatures you have. I've used my Eldar army
> as hi-tech alien birdmen. It worked well ... okay I got cremed ...
but
> the concept worked well.
>
> FYI,
> Dirtside II is currently Out of Print. Jon talks about rewriting it
> for Dirtside III, which (he says) would incorporate alot of the
Stargrunt II