Re: [NetEpic ML] Game comparisons

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:15:56 -0600 (MDT)

> Sounds interesting. What are the quality of GZG's mini's???

They are okay ... getting better as time goes on. Supposedly the
casting in the UK is better than the casting done in the States (at
Geohex).

Dirtside II tries to be a generic system, as such, the rules encourage
you to use whatever miniatures you have. I've used my Eldar army
as hi-tech alien birdmen. It worked well ... okay I got cremed ... but
the concept worked well.

FYI,
Dirtside II is currently Out of Print. Jon talks about rewriting it
for Dirtside III, which (he says) would incorporate alot of the Stargrunt II
mechanisms. Keep in mind that Jon is pretty much a company of one (I
think he might employ some castors, and a secretary ... part-time). The
vision behind the games is solid, but the speed of releases are
somewhat glacial. (ie don't hold your breadth of DS III). Somewhat
compensating this, alot of the material on the web is quite good.

Your best bet for finding Dirtside links is off the FT webring.
http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=ftnet&page=1&list

Some I found off of that are:
http://www.ftsr.org/ds2/
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/andrewmartin/DSII/DSII.HTM