Re: [NetEpic ML] Game comparisons

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:53:17 -0600 (MDT)

> >Dirtside II is currently Out of Print. Jon talks about rewriting it
> >for Dirtside III, which (he says) would incorporate alot of the Stargrunt
> >II
> >mechanisms. Keep in mind that Jon is pretty much a company of one (I
> >think he might employ some castors, and a secretary ... part-time). The
> >vision behind the games is solid, but the speed of releases are
> >somewhat glacial. (ie don't hold your breadth of DS III). Somewhat
> >compensating this, alot of the material on the web is quite good.
>
> Hmmm, I suppose this means that getting a copy of DS 2 wont be possible???

I didn't mean to discourage you :-). As Epic players, we all know that
just because something is no longer being printed ... doesn't mean
you can't find copies. A quick look shows that http://www.geohex.com
(a US company) still has copies of it left. I suspect other places
do as well.

> What about Stargrunt 2???

That's still in print, AFAIK.

DarylL