RE: [NetEpic ML] Warmaster (was Implications of "epic" proportion s)

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:35:45 -0000

>IMHO you are wrong when you say this.
>The scale of Warmaster is too important to make a big difference between
>Imperial infantry or High-Elf infantry,
>but each official army is really different in its organization.
>
>Dwarves : strong but not numerous infantry, excellent artillery, good
>command, no cavalry, no magic
>Orcs & Goblins : numerous infantry (from the weak goblins to the strong
>trolls), almost no artillery, bad command
>Undeads : numerous and weak infantry (with some very good monsters), bad
>command, strong magic
>etc...

it is true that much of the rules in Warmaster can be explained by the scale
of the game...although GW as usual do not mention exactly WHAT this scale
is...how much is an infantry base etc.??

One thing I lack a bit is proper morale effects reflecting differences in
discipline and morale between troops and races.

Morale as such work really fine with arrows driving back units and the fall
back after combat being based on how badly you lose, but there should be
differences between the bravery and willingness to fight of a dwarf and a
goblin

as for your statement of Warmaster being the best GW game....that space is
already taken by Blood Bowl ;)

The only game which every friend of mine who games (even a hardcore
Warhammer player) and a few that do not play miniature games like to play
(and have played in periods for 7 years now)