Re: [NetEpic ML] Tyranids

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:48:22 +1000

At 07:26 PM 4/18/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Yes, a hierophant and a hierodule if budget allows. They are pretty effect
>close combat machines, run it in against an enemy titan and watch him
>squirm, those wounds are mighty useful!

Hmmf! Yeah, real darned useful. The one time they really came to the fore
was in an SM/TL game I played years ago where I had an Imperator on my side
and the 'Nid player had 3 Hierophants. My Reavers, infantry and tanks took
two down while the fully-charged Imperator (complete with Heavy Infantry in
the towers) took on the third. I inflicted a total of 30 wounds on the
thing (yes, thirty!). Then the 'Nid player had the gall to play the
Regenerate card on it. Plink! Up hops the brand-new 'Nid Heirophant and
keeps lumbering on. Thankfully the other two stayed down and I polished
the rest of the 'Nid force off in due course. But having a Heirophant get
back up after inflicting 30 wounds on it is a horrifying thing.....

But for a 'Nid force I can definitely recommend the Bio-Titans. Very
useful. But the one thing that the 'Nids benefit from is the "carpet of
monsters" tactic. Swarms of Hormagaunts, Termagants and 'Stealers are just
terrifying. You never know where to shoot first.

Hey, does anyone else's spell checker recognise "Termagant"? For some
reason mine does...

-Kelvin...

"Look, just give me some inner peace
or I'll mop the floor with you."