Re: [NetEpic ML] Tyranids

From: <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:27:15 -0000

Hi!

Wow! That was pretty darn good! I suppose the Tyranid player charged
all out in open ground against your titans? Not a great idea. I like
to use the bio-titans manueverability against the less manueverable
Imperial titans. Charge around the flanks, they are fast so they'll
make it to close combat by turn two. Using what ever cover is
available for the first turn is key, then hit them turn two. There a
nice weapon to keep the other player busy while you infantry moves in,
but they aren't invincible.

Actually the easiest way to deal with them is to attack the legs, once
slowed down or immobilized they can be destroyed at your leisure.

Peter

--- In netepic_at_y..., Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_q...> wrote:
> At 07:26 PM 4/18/01 -0400, you wrote:
> >Hi!
> >
> >Yes, a hierophant and a hierodule if budget allows. They are pretty
effect
> >close combat machines, run it in against an enemy titan and watch
him
> >squirm, those wounds are mighty useful!
>
> Hmmf! Yeah, real darned useful. The one time they really came to
the fore
> was in an SM/TL game I played years ago where I had an Imperator on
my side
> and the 'Nid player had 3 Hierophants. My Reavers, infantry and
tanks took
> two down while the fully-charged Imperator (complete with Heavy
Infantry in
> the towers) took on the third. I inflicted a total of 30 wounds on
the
> thing (yes, thirty!). Then the 'Nid player had the gall to play the
> Regenerate card on it. Plink! Up hops the brand-new 'Nid
Heirophant and
> keeps lumbering on. Thankfully the other two stayed down and I
polished
> the rest of the 'Nid force off in due course. But having a
Heirophant get
> back up after inflicting 30 wounds on it is a horrifying thing.....
>
> But for a 'Nid force I can definitely recommend the Bio-Titans.
Very