Re: [NetEpic ML] Tyranids

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:59:50 +1000

At 12:27 PM 4/19/01 +0000, Peter the Hive Tyrant wrote:
Howdy all.

>Wow! That was pretty darn good! I suppose the Tyranid player charged
>all out in open ground against your titans? Not a great idea. I like
>to use the bio-titans manueverability against the less manueverable
>Imperial titans. Charge around the flanks, they are fast so they'll
>make it to close combat by turn two. Using what ever cover is
>available for the first turn is key, then hit them turn two. There a
>nice weapon to keep the other player busy while you infantry moves in,
>but they aren't invincible.

It was a pretty funny actually. I got a bit lucky will scoring THAT many
wounds, but the real reason was yes, he ran out into the open for me. Its
was a case of male bravado. I taunted him into attacking my Imperator (I
dared him to take it down) and he obliged. Fool. Still it was fun. But
his 'Stealers and Termies made a real mess of my Right Flank. Lucky I had
a Rough Rider Company in reserve.

And I have to agree that the Bio-Titans are best used to flank and/or
distract your opponent from attacking your infantry. They are big and
impressive and so people shoot at them. That way you can get your
'Stealers in place for the attack.

-Kelvin...

"Look, just give me some inner peace
or I'll mop the floor with you."