Re: Drop pods-I need help!

From: Todd <toddwag_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:19:00 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., parrot1500_at_y... wrote:
> Hello.
>
> We played an Epic game with drops pods just recently and had a lot
of
> problems.
>
> 1. When do the drop pods drop?
> 2. The marines come out. What orders are they on?
> 3. Some marines don't come out. When do we test again?
> 4. the marines that come out later. How do we place them on orders?
> 5. Snapfire. Just AA Units? What about when the pods are on the
> ground?
> That's all for now. Basically, how do you treat the marines as they
> come out, seemed to be the big question.
>
> BTW the drop pods were useless. Two big tactical detachments
dropped,
> unsupported, at opposite ends of the field. They killed I think 4
> basilisks and were wiped out.

I don't think the drop pods were useless. If I had two more fast
moving detachments with the three that sped up to the conflict (and
some luckier dice) I believe I could have overwhelmed that side of
the battlefield.

There's a good chance I will use the drop pods and the thunderhawk in
the next game we play.

Todd