Re: [NetEpic ML] Flaming for no legitimate reason, and in a "kind er, gentler" way...

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 17:08:20 -0400

There are actually lots of good rock and heavy metal bands
from the states. The newer bands all sound pretty much alike
though. Some of the good bands which come to mind are Metallica,
Megadeth, Pantera and lately Limp Bizkit.

-->OK, OK, I'll give ya Metallica and Pantera. I never cared much for
Megadeth, and Limp Bizkit is OK. for the most part I'm "old school" when
it comes to Metal and Punk, so I gloss over most of the new bands.
Strange thing is, that the US is putting out a lot of "Death Metal" bands
of late, and most of them are from Florida and Georgia. Some of them
even rank with the Scandinavian "classics" (Celtic Frost pops to mind),
but the fact that they're coming from such sunny places just seems
strange to me. But lately I've been on a "German Rock" kick, with bands
like Rammstein (duh), KMFDM (and it's latest incarnation MDFMK). Then
again, I have perhaps the most eclectic music collection around...

Josh R

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein -Rammstein