RE: [NetEpic ML] Flaming for no legitimate reason, and in a "kind er, gentler" way...

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:05:11 +0300

So? MG42 is probably the best GPMG ever made; high rate of fire combined
with reliability. IIRC it is still in use in the Bundeswehr, too, but
re-chambered to 5.56N and maybe modified in some other ways. The name is MG3
nowadays.

>, together with G3's and other stuff.

I don't even want to know what is in the stores of FDF. The Finnish army has
always been starved of funds. You'd think that politicians would actually
LEARN something from the Winter and continuation wars, but nooooo... I guess
they count on not being at the front line.

> Wouldn't be surprised if some dusty danish armoury still have
> a load of
> Mausers lying around ;)

In the Finnish armoury there still are at least the Suomi SMGs and old
rifles to be issued to rear area troops in case of war. When I was at
reserve NCO school we practiced dismantling of them, but we didn't get to
shoot with them :( I've always wanted to shoot with a Suomi SMG.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.