Re: [NetEpic ML] Starting Chaos Army

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 09:08:18 +1000

Howdy all!

> I am just beginning a chaos army and have the following models
> (not stands)
>ordered:
>
>3 x Cauldrons of Blood
>60 x Chaos Marines
>40 x Chaos Cultists
>40 x Beastmen
>20 x Havoks
>20 x Khorne Beserkers
>20 x Chaos Terminators
>20 x Noise Marines
>20 x Wraith Guard (Thought they were Eldar but they appear to be on the
>Chaos Sprue?!?)
>20 x Flamers
>20 x Daemonettes
>20 x Plaguebears
>20 x Bloodletters
>12 x Fleshhounds
>16 x Command Figures

Whew! That's a lot of minis!

>I was thinking of adding some Greater daemons and/or Daemon Princes, which
>of the following do you recommend?
>
>Lord of Change, Keeper of Secrets, Fulgrim.

Lord of Change definitely. Magnus the Red if you can get him. The Keeper
is O.K. but Fulgrim is of limited use I've found. He's only really worth
it if you want to take the Emperor's Children or if you are facing IG/TG or
Orks. One of my personal favourites is the Great Unclean One. He is just
so cool. Love him. Yes, he can't move far but he's dead hard and will
hold an Objective Counter against all comers. Also worth getting is the
Plague Tower. I'm also a fan of Angry Ron (Angron). Love his growl plus
the figure is terribly cool.

>Plus what sort of fire support do you recommend, I might be able to dredge
>out some Cannons of Khorne...

Cannons are O.K. but the best support Chaos can get are Whirlwinds and Land
Raiders. The Contagion Engines of Nurgle are pretty good too but the best
support to be found for Chaos is in the form of Whirlwinds, Land Raiders
and Chaos Titans. Its very rare to find a Chaos Titan (in my experience)
that is equipped for Close Assault. Most Chaos players use them as Fire
Support platforms. I know I tend to.

-Kelvin...

"Look, just give me some inner peace
or I'll mop the floor with you."