Re: [NetEpic ML] ramblings

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 07:47:20 -0000

>>One side-effect is that I found that assault troops can be stopped in
>>their
>>tracks by suppressing them, before they get a chance to move.
>
>There is an omission here, suppressed troops are allowed to move if they
>make their morale check (big omission for sure).

Okay, this should surely be corrected, as the rules state that they cannot
move ;)

>Hmmm... you know what you have convinced me to alter the "mobile
>artillery skill" to make it more effective and less dependant on
>spotters. Some units iin Heresy do have spotters on board ,so this skill
>confers a leadership of 5 to the mobile artillery piece, also you may
>still use the standard commander/recon but at a +2 bonus to leadership
>for this check. hmmm.. sounds a LOT better, I will make this change. It
>shows the difference between stationary and mobile pieces.

This sounds reasonable

>The bonus does not refer to units commanded, they may only rally one
>unit at a time, like any other commander in the end phase. A
>commander/hero CAN rally themselves. I'll fit this in the wording.

"like any other commander".

The rules actually state this: "A commander may attempt to rally any unit
that is at fatigued level or lower in the end phase. It may rally a number
of units equal to its command bonus"

Was the intention that all commanders can rally only one unit??
I must say that I much prefer the other solution, it also shows how higher
level commanders can simply get more done than a simple company-grunt

>Hehe, good point, malfunction normally ocurrs on a roll of 1 or 2,
>relaibility reduces that to one, I love it will add.

Cool ;)

>I did this from a fluff point of view, but you are probably right, I'll
>add stealth.

If a big noisy, big-gunz wielding mekboy got it, a painboy should as well.

Also, I have always imagined painboyz as sneaky gitz skulking around behind
the big guys

>Well, I can't think of everything, thats what you are for LOL! Will add
>wierdboy and minderz unit.

heehee. Im Peter's second brain ;-)

Make the minderz like Goff's are something. Perhaops make him only level 1.
Doesn't the weirdboy tower enhance a weirdboyz skills?

>Uh.. I think its correct as is, champions are lower rank so you must
>take LESS of them than lords (you proably meant MORE?).

No, I meant it like I wrote it, I thought that it worked like the imperial
lists where the lower level commanders must outnumber the higher ones.

Anyway, with the bonusses for being under a greater deamon chaos becomes
very hard. At least the nurgle guys as orks and IG would have to roll 10 to
hit them at short range in open terrain. This is a bit tough.

Perhaps we could change the nurgle bonus to a +1 armor modifier???

This would also go better in hand with the way nurgle plague marines work in
40K