Walkers

From: <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:44:42 +0200

Hi!

The issue of dreadnoughts and robots has bugged me for a while. These units seldom see any action in our games as they never get anywhere before they are reduced to scrapmetal.

However, the latest issue of White Dwarf got me thinking. In a battlereport there a dreadnought is brought to the battlefield using a Drop Pod. How would this be in NetEpic?

I constructed theese rules and would love some feedback on them.

Special Card - Walker Pods

2 Deathwind Pods
2 Support Pods
4 Assault Pods

Points 150
Break Points +4
VP +2

The Assault Pods can each carry a single walker. (robot or dreadnought)
Work out the landing as you would for normal Drop Pods, but the robots disembark using their premade program, dreadnoughts disembark on either order.

This last thing differs from the usual Drop Pods rule, but as it is only 4 stands, I think we have to let them be somewhat more agressive than usual.

What does the rest of you think?

Eivind