Re: Optional Squat Unit

From: <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 20:22:59 -0000

Hi!

As a tech-savvy race a robot company is appropriate (and perhaps
overdue). I'd eliminate the restriction as to how many cards, these
units aren't "earth-shattering" and it would be cool to see some
predominately robotic armies struting about.

Besides it has a built in achilles heel, since, if you nuke the
command unit then you'll have problems controlling them.

As always please get this to Tom when all the changes have been made.

Peter

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Eivind Borgeteien" <eivind.borgeteien_at_c...>
wrote:
> As any player (I think) that has been around for a while and have an
IG or SM army, I have a whole bunch of robots laying around. With my
ideas on using robots in drop pods, and now a unit for the squats, I
hope we all can dry the dust off theese guys.

> This is a unit I made shortly after watching the latest Star Wars
movie, and with the recent discussions around Squats, and lately
robots/walkers I thought this was a proper time to present the unit.

> Ironbreaker Armoured Robot Squadron (Company Card)
> The Ironbreaker Armoured Robot Squadron consist of two robot
detachments and one super heavy command vehicle. The role of the
command vehicle is to transports the robot detachments into battle,
and then control the robots.

> As long as the command vehicle is operational, the owning player
can give orders to the robots as normal. If the command vehicle should
be destroyed, the robots will go back to their prewritten programs.
The command vehicle has to be within 25 cm of the robotdetachments to
be able to give them orders. If the vehicle is further away than this,
the robots will go back to their prewritten programs.

> The command vehicle is considered a commander, so all rules for
commanders applies to this vehicle

> Due to the technical nature of this units, the availability is
somewhat scarce. Only one IARS is allowed pr 3000 points.

> Models: For the vehicle, use any suitable tank of super heavy size
without big guns. For robots, any robotic looking 6 or 10 mm miniature
will do.