Base sizes

From: Tim Speltz <tims_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:42:47 -0400

HI all,

Thanks for the help on getting started with armies for NetEpic and
Heresy. I purchased a bunch of Space Marines and IGs, and am in the
process of painting them. They are on 5-man square stands. However, I
notice in a lot of images on the web that infantry are mounted in
strips. Is this a result of variations in GW's rules over the years?
Sure seems like these would be easier to paint. What is the basing style
assumed by NetEpic and Heresy?

What size should the bases be for the mecha type figures (Dreadnoughts?
Knights?). Is there an index somewhere of what models represent what
units, and what their base sizes should be? I've found Felix's site to
be helpful, but not comprehensive.
( http://www.felixent.force9.co.uk/games/phoepic1_1.html )

Thanks,

Tim