Re: [NetEpic ML] Army character

From: <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:31:40 -0000

Hi!

> -->Can't we just have a massive campaign and eliminate them from the
> game? I'm all for that. no? You sure? Awwww, c'mon.....

hehe, like real roaches they just keep coming back! I like them due to
the fact that they have so much infantry type units as part of a
standard unit (like hormagants), they really fill up the board quick
in a standard sized game and looks awesome in a big one. I'd probably
add a couple of more hordes of infantry to add to that effect, but not
much more.

> -->Close combat tunnel fighters. A good ammount of support against
drop
> pods and orbiting ships. APCs, small tanks, support tanks, are all
good
> things for them to have. Exoarmor units, bikes, and soem close
range
> shooty units are all good things too. Not a lot of artillery, if
any,
> and everything should be designed with close range fighting in mind.
> On a side note, if anyone wants to do an interesting tunnel
type
> battle, try using the dungeon pieces from master maze. We tried out
some
> stuff a week ago with it, and it works fairly well. The dungeon
pieces
> are meant for 28mm figures, but most of the halls and doors and
arches
> and such can fit 3-4 epic stands (square) across. It made for a
very
> interesting fight.

That sounds pretty cool, I'd probably use old space hulk and legion of
steel floor plans to recreate that same effect. Would be interesting
since only standard tanks and infantry can navigate the corridors and
big units like praetorians and titans would only be in the big rooms.

Now thats a battle I'd like to see, tunnel fighting sounds
interesting!

Peter