Re: [NetEpic ML] Tech Guard Knights...

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:16:51 +1000

At 06:43 PM 15-07-01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Guys,
>
> Anyone know of the easiest method of slaying these beasts? I mean
> with a 2+
>unmodified save to the front they are pretty lethal... I have Imperial
>Guard, Marines and a few Eldar and Chaos troops.

For a start, most of them actually have a 3+ save, not 2+. I think only
the Baron has a 2+ save.

Yep. Speeders. Use speeder-type units (Vyper Jetbikes, Marine and IG Land
Speeders, Ork Nobz Warbikez, Squat Trikes, etc...) to race around the
flanks and rear of the Knight unit. Hit them in the rear. Most of these
kinds vehicles have at least a -2 TSM and Knights don't have an all-round
save, giving you an extra -1 or -2 TSM. So zip around behind them on
Advance and blat them in the rear. Presto! Dead Knight! Normal bikes can
even do this thanks to extra flank/rear TSM you get.

Second, heaps of bolters (or your race's equivalent). You can kill a
Knight from the front just as easily with a Tactical Stand as you can with
a Volcano Cannon. So give your Tactical Troops something to shoot
at. Shoot a Knight today.

Hope this helps.

-Kelvin...

"Look, just give me some inner peace