Re: [Epic] the Avatar

From: DAVID C LADO, DEPT OF NEUROSCIENCE <LADO_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 21:24:44 -0500 (EST)

>> The Eldar Avatar "moves at 15cm" toward the nearest oponent.
>> Does this mean "moves 15cm" or does it mean its "move is 15cm and this
>> should be doubled since it is charging"?
>
> He moves 15cm, period. I think in the actual text in
>Renegades this is spelled out.
>
>Well, no it isn't, or I wouldn't have asked. It says "moves at 15cm". The
>question is what does "moves at" mean? I don't want to sound anal or
>anything, but every other unit I can find that has a fixed move is worded
>differently.

I don't think it's an unreasonable question, almost everyone has asked
it a some point. I think it's almost universally accepted that the
Avatar only moves 15 cm total, as Scott says. Every player I've met,
including the eldar ones, all agree, though you can always find a
differing opinion here (on anything).

Heck, if he moved 30 cm, he might actually be usefull, and then people
would demand you actually pay point for him (okay, maybe not...).

David