Re: [Epic] Titan Legions

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 21:13:47 -0800

Mike Fuller wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> It appears that our gaming group is a minority in that we're
> really NOT into titans. In fact we have a house rule limiting 1 titan per
> army per battle. So when we so the price for Titan Legions we decided not
> to purchase it. However, after reading this mailling list I'm having
> second thoughts. There have been some rules attributed to Titan Legions.
> We're specifically local for rule errata and additions that effect
> non-titans. So I was wondering if it's worth the price (provided we can
> even find it.) We're not interested in paying big bucks just for a model
> as large as my cat!
>
> Thanks, and good gaming to all.
>
> Mike

I have to agree with you, we use titans as supporting troops and
concentrate on armor and infantry. In fact, I am amazed by the number of
people that equip their titans with CC weapons. I have partitcipated in
only one battle that a titan was close assaulted. It was back when we
played the first edition. BattleTech is a more entertaining game for
Titan/Mech warfare. My opinion is probably not popular here, but there
it is.

danlobb_at_...