Re: [Epic] an ork question

From: DAVID C LADO, DEPT OF NEUROSCIENCE <LADO_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 21:34:15 -0500 (EST)

>A question came up during a tournament game at my store tonight:
>There is an ork vehicle (mekboy dragsta?) that forms a big bubble that
>bounces stuff off unless you roll a hit on the scatter dice. What about
>psychic attacks? Not the ones that say it is a physical attack. The
>game was orks vs 'nids, and the end points was 40 to 38 for the 'nids
>after 5 turns. One of the best games I've seen in a long time!

An old WD (173 or 175) listed which weapons could bypass a Dragsta
field. I know the following weapons were on the list (though I
might have fogotten some)

Tremor cannon
Quake cannon
Mole mortar
Shokk Attakk Gunz
Vortex missle
Warp missle

I know that barrage missles were not on the list (they bounce), nor
was there mention of any psychic weapons, including those which
ignore shields (such as the psy-cannon).

I think there is an unofficial Q&A on Allens list which asks if
Dragstas bounce psychic attacks, and I think the primarchs answered
that they do (which is consitent with the WD Q&A), though I would
definitely check that before taking my word for it.

David