Re: [Epic] Re: Squat Cheese

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 13:19:45 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 18-Jan-97 Re: [Epic] Re: Squat Cheese by Mark A
Shieh_at_...
> > There's plenty of cheese in *every* larder, when you get right down to
> > it. Is there any particular reason you're picking on the Squats?
>
> Yeah, the same reason I complained about Chaos. I can't cope
> with the forces I tend to see. Overwhelming firepower until their CC
> gets to me. I really hate Warlord battlegroups, and I don't know how
> to stop a T-hawk, even after subscribing to the mailing list. It
> pretty much ensured the loss of a Titan, artillery, or something else
> vital.

Well, Mark, I wasn't talking to you ^_^ but I guess I see your point.
>From what I've seen, some people do go a little overboard on some things
(Overlord Co. in a 3000 pt. battle, for example). <shrug> There's not
a lot I can say, except to recommend talking to whomever's fielding that
kind of force; personally, while overwhelming force is kinda fun to
field on occasion, I find it kinda dull after a short while. Not only
do you win easily, but people son't want to play you....

> There seems to be less in the IG troop selection... <shrug>

Oh, I dunno, Erich's Chinese Army (3x tac cos plus 1 or 2 heavy cos,
plus arty) was kinda hard to deal with from what I heard. Yeah, Mikey's
Chaos would eat through 'em, but that's Chaos vs. poor morale troops for
you. I don't think the Squats or Eldar would have an easy time of
driving off those guys... especially with some of the "formations" he
used. (Instead of having one tac co on the left, middle and right, he'd
put one squad from each on the left, middle and right. Which meant that
if you only crushed one flank, you still had to eat through a bunch more
troops to get VPs. This upset some people after he used it a time or
two, and the practice was discontinued, but it's certainly one way to
take advantage of the break/morale rules.)

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...