Re: [Epic] snap fire rules

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 23:30:56 -0500

On 18 Jan 97 at 21:28, Mike Fuller wrote:

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > In what book(s) are the snap fire rules explained?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Good gaming to all
> > >
> > > Mike
> > I believe it was in the Titan Legions rulebook.
> > I can't quote page numbers as I don't have my copy with me now...
> >

> > Dan Taylor * Richard.D.Taylor_at_... * http://johnh.wheaton.edu/~rtaylor
>
> Thanks,
>
> I was afraid of that. I have already decided NOT to buy Titan Legions.
> I would be willing to buy just the rule book from GW. But do they sell just
> the rule book NOOOOO!
>
> I wonder if someone could be so kind as to post the snap fire rules.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Good gaming to all
>
> Mike

Essentially, snap-fire weapons, if on first fire orders, can fire
during the movement phase instead of the first fire phase,
interrupting your opponent's move. This is similar to Overwatch in
WH40K, if you play that or are familiar with it. Let's say that a
Firestorm is on first fire orders and has a clear field of fire of an
area between a forest and a large building. A squad of land speeders
on charge orders decides to cross that open ground. Assuming that they
have enough movement (a reasonable assumption :] ), they would begin
the movement phase in cover and end it in cover. However, the
Firestorm could shoot at the speeders while they cross that open ground
because of snap-fire. I hope that this answers your questions.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf