Re: [Epic] Psychic Phase [was: Re: Titan Legions]

From: The Unknown Dwarf <leffewbe_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 22:04:53 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Mark A Shieh wrote:

> The last time I made some calculations, it turned out that the
> Thunderfires hit more than the Firestorm. It's almost the same as
> comparing a Falcon's firepower to a Land Raider's. 3 4+ shots vs. 6
> 5+ shots... Assuming, of course, that the target is within 75cm and
> isn't -1 to hit.

Yes, but we all know how much calculations and averages mean ;) I haven't
hit with me thunderfires more than once in the past few rounds... they DID
one time blow the head clean off a phantom titan in a tournament our
gaming club held last year... it was agasint my opponent who i had the
most trouble beatin, but i won handly in that one... i was rather happy
about beating him, more so than i was about winning the tournament :)

> I didn't think that moving them destroyed the unit, only that
> they were incapable of moving themselves. I have no idea what would
> happen with a wave serpent warp wave or an eldritch storm.

I remeber seeing it in a Q&A or FAQ a while ago... it doesn't happen all
the time, but it made sense since they are literally anchored in the
ground i don't see how they could dodge a web, etc...

> Hmm. I glossed over this somehow, as I tend not to worry
> range. But I'll have to look into it and see if it turns out to be
> worth the cost I spend killing them.

I've noticed doomweavers have the best effectiveness blocking LOS or
going for artillery like goliaths and thunderfires, or IG stuff...

Brad Leffew
Orc DeathDealers Team Coach
Squat Warlord/Space Marine/Knight Commander
King of WHFB Bretonnia Army (newly aquired, love the models)
High King of WHFB Dwarf Army

"If we deny love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because we
fear the pain of loss, then our lives will be empty, our loss greater.
        -Tanis Half-Elven "Dragons of Winter Night" by Margaret Weis

Clarkson University
leffewbe_at_...