Re: [Epic] Psychic Phase [was: Re: Titan Legions]

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 01:51:11 -0800

Chad Taylor wrote:

> I think the two of you need to cool it, your starting to sound like a
> couple of geeks on "alt.flame". It is obvious (to me IMO) that the two of
> you are no longer arguing a point, but rather just arguing to prove who
> is the biggest jerk. This is rather dissipointing for several reasons.
> The first is that one of you I remember from days gone by as posting
> reasoned and thoughtful articles, the other seems to be an experienced
> player who has much to offer - I don't think that the behavior you have
> been displaying over the last few days is in character (or at least I hope
> not). The second is that this list has always been a rather friendly
> place to be. I can think of only one other occasion when things got out
> of hand. This little personal ego tiff between the two of you sounds like
> something I expect to see on the warhammer newsgroup rather than what is
> to be found normally on this list.
>
> In the future I suggest (and I hope this doesn't sound like I am taking
> sides) that when someone has a problem with an army that they post what
> specific problems they have and seek advice on how others are handling
> that situation. Example: "how do you stop a cyclops from destroying
> titans", or "how do you deal with the Sqaut SHVs". Subject lines such
> as "need help against Squat army" might be more appropriate than a
> heading that is slightly more insulting (such as "squat cheese" which we
> have seen recently). This should probably precede labeling an army (list)
> as being
> unfair. I would think that this list is an excellent forum for discussing
> the problems that each of us has with certain armies/strategies that we
> encountered in the past. There is a wealth of knowledge here to be
> tapped.
>
> Chad Taylor

I beleive Chad has a valid point. While we all have our own sense of
fair, just, and cheese, it would serve us to remember that we have
gathered here to exchange ideas about the game we enjoy playing. It is
ok to vent about how somebody screwed you over in the last game, but
don't take it out on each other. God knows where else you talk about
this to a sympathetic audience that even knows what a Doomweaver or
Squat is. I suggest we don't take personal offense when someone has an
opposing view. Let's keep it friendly. Treat the rest of us as your
personal staff of advisors that you can heed or ignore as you like. No
need to intentially offend one another. Just delete the messages you
disagree with.

danlobb_at_...