Re: [Epic] Psychic Phase [was: Re: Titan Legions]

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 14:33:15 GMT

At 09:03 PM 21/1/97 -0500, Chad Taylor wrote:

>I think the two of you need to cool it, your starting to sound like a

Chad, I don't want to start an argument, (particularly since Brad and I have
made our peace) but I think I'm going to have to reply to this.

>I think the two of you need to cool it, your starting to sound like a
>couple of geeks on "alt.flame".

I think that I resent this reference...

>It is obvious (to me IMO) that the two of
>you are no longer arguing a point, but rather just arguing to prove who
>is the biggest jerk.

I KNOW that I resent this reference...

>This is rather dissipointing for several reasons.
>The first is that one of you I remember from days gone by as posting
>reasoned and thoughtful articles, the other seems to be an experienced
>player who has much to offer

Obviously, I would have to appreciate THIS refernce... :-)

> - I don't think that the behavior you have
>been displaying over the last few days is in character (or at least I hope
>not). The second is that this list has always been a rather friendly
>place to be. I can think of only one other occasion when things got out
>of hand. This little personal ego tiff between the two of you sounds like
>something I expect to see on the warhammer newsgroup rather than what is
>to be found normally on this list.
>
>In the future I suggest (and I hope this doesn't sound like I am taking
>sides) that when someone has a problem with an army that they post what
>specific problems they have and seek advice on how others are handling
>that situation. Example: "how do you stop a cyclops from destroying
>titans", or "how do you deal with the Sqaut SHVs". Subject lines such
>as "need help against Squat army" might be more appropriate than a
>heading that is slightly more insulting (such as "squat cheese" which we
>have seen recently). This should probably precede labeling an army (list)
>as being
>unfair. I would think that this list is an excellent forum for discussing
>the problems that each of us has with certain armies/strategies that we
>encountered in the past. There is a wealth of knowledge here to be
>tapped.
>

>Chad Taylor

But the thing I find most untimely about this message is that in our last
posts on this list - re the squat issue - (we have continued to correspond
privately) we both agreed to "cool it". In his post responding to Chad's
post, John "thanks Chad for the policing". It seems to me that this is a
week too late to do any good and just well timed to throw fuel on the fire.

I presume that you are writing this with the best of intentions, but your
timing sucks and I think your comments might have been phrased a little more
carefully...

Anyway, the squat thing is a dead issue, and I am fully in favour of
attempting to avoid raging arguments in the future, so I guess I would have
to thank you for your suggestions...

Agro