Re: [Epic] Problems with the old system

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 10:09:15 -0500

> From: duckrvr_at_...
>
> >> My bad. Titans or Titan sized vehicles - like a Colossus.
> >
> >As much as I appreciate your support for my position, there is no
> >official distinction between any of the various super-heavies; TK will
> >work on them all. Of course, if the Colossus has void shields up it
> >gets a save, which does give it a bit of an advantage over your average
> >super-heavy tank, but....
> >
> > Aaron Teske
>
> When did the powers that be remove the distinction between SHV's and
> titan-sized vehicles?

        AFAIK there never was a distinction to remove. Not in 2ed
Epic, anyway. SHVs are SHVs, despite fluff text (sure, the big Squat
ones are supposed to be as big as some titans, but even the IG SH
tanks are meant to be the size of city blocks, which sounds pretty
damn big to me). Some have void shield generators, some don't. Some
have mini plasma reactors (stormblades), some don't.

> Personally I would have to say that is a galactically
> stupid move. there should be a difference between a Shadow sword and a
> Leviathan. Anything that carries void shield and is undergoing debate as to
> whether it should have a construction template should DEFINITELY be treated
> as a titan. I play chaos, and I would have been screaming about that one.

        Well in order to use the TK chaos card on a Leviathan,
Colussus, or what not you have to get a chaos troop within 15cm
of the thing, presumably survive FF! (maybe... I really hate how
all those chaos cards say they're used "in the combat phase" -
considering the combat phase is made up of FF, CC, & AdvF - could
we be a little more vague here?) and still get past the void
shields if any are still up. Never tried it myself, but it seems
to me that taking out a shadow sword or tempest is a hell of a lot
easier.

Scott, who once dropped a Dom in a forest with TK (sometimes those
       long shots pay off!)
shupes_at_...